Our Veterinary Services
Preventative Health Consultations
At Vetmed, we like to get to know you and your pets to provide customised healthcare solutions based on your pet’s individual needs. That’s why you should trust our team to provide preventative health consultations for your pet. After all, we are most familiar with your pet’s history and issues, so we are best suited to help prevent and treat illness in the future.
What Is A Preventative Healthcare Consultation?
Preventative healthcare is incredibly important in keeping your cat or dog healthy and live a long happy life. We love to say that prevention is better than the cure, which is why preventative healthcare on a regular basis is vital in preventing disease or catching it in its early stages. These consultations will involve multiple disciplines, and our expert vets and nurses will be able to discuss a wide variety of health problems with you, in addition to coming up with tailored plans regarding your pet’s healthcare.
Humans aren’t the only ones who need to have annual examinations. We recommend a yearly check-up for your pet, and perhaps more frequent examinations if your pet is older or has medical problems.
Some of the things we will address during a preventative and health care consultation are:
- Pet Vaccines
- Parasite prevention
- Nutrition, including what your dog or cat eats, how often, supplements, treats, changes in appetite or water consumption
- Exercise, such as how much exercise your dog or cat receives, how often, what kind, any changes, etc.
- Stomach and intestines
- Ears and eyes—any discharge, itching, redness
- Breathing—coughing, shortness of breath, sneezing
- Behavioural problems like ‘accidents’, changes in temperament, barking
- Feet and legs—toenail problems, weakness, limping
- Coat and skin—any mats, shedding, hair loss, pigment changes, lumps, itchy spots, anal sac problems
- Urogenital—note discharges, heats, changes in mammary glands, urination changes or difficulties
- Neutering, if it hasn’t already been performed
- Blood tests—these are especially important for geriatric dogs or dogs with medical problems
Professional Vet Care in Sydney for Your Pet
The qualified, caring and professional team at Vetmed offer innovative, latest technology and skilled veterinarian services for all areas of pet health and well being.